Monday, November 2, 2009

1 A New Journey

“…. I think I’m reverting…………..it won’t be good………….”

He found the entrance of the forest and his body where he had left it, the same agitated disposition on his face. “What will happen if I actually revert?... and what will happen to my friends” pondered Calder and he reentered his body. He belted his sword, the hilt cold and frosty from the crisp morning air, and headed back to his home near the river. “Little sister, I’m home,” he called shutting the door as quietly as possible. “Good just in…ti….i…. [Achoo!!!], time” she blurted walking into the hallway, “I need some things from the market for breakfast this morning.”
“Sure thing and I’ll pick up extra because I’m going on a trip to see an old friend.”
“What for?” she asked wrapping her blanket tighter around her frail body. His little sister, Cassandra, was always a small frail person but what she lacked in physical ability she made up in love for all living things. Cassandra had only recently come to live with Calder that fall and was now adapting the areas cold climate. “To reminisce” he said. This was a common excuse and she knew that it was better to not pry further into the matter.
As he turned to walk out the door a crippling pain overtook him, tossing him to the ground like a rolled up doll. “Oh my!” she yelped running to him trying to get Calder flat on the floor. “G...get the old book and read from page 823,” he gasped trying not to burst into tears. She dashed out of the room to return seconds later with a tattered, dusty book and started to read a spell over him. Long painful minutes past as he was eventually relived of the terrible pain. He propped himself against the door and slowly regained his strength. Standing wearily he mumbled, “That’s also why I’m going to see the Dark Mage.” “But what is that about? What happened to you?” she cried. “I’m not exactly sure yet but it has something to do with our mother and my father.”
Though they were brother and sister they were only related by their mother, Calder being half angel and half demon while Cassandra was full angel. “If your going to have this happen during your journey I need to be there to help you,” she said. She coughed from accidentally slamming the book closed sending most of the dust flying around her. “I wouldn’t usually let you go on any of my trips but I don’t think I'll be fine by myself this time” he said shaking his limbs free of the strain that the pain had caused.

1 comment:

  1. Darren,

    Good work and interesting. Be sure to edit each post for spelling and grammar, akward sentences. I have begun grading for mechanics as well content.

    ReplyDelete